Thursday, May 17, 2018

Day 1 St George & Kanaraville Falls

We were so excited when Andy and Ari invited us to go to St George with them and stay in their parents condo. We set the date and were anxiously awaiting the time to come and finally it did. I was nervous because I have been so sick with morning sickness but I knew Matt would be with me the whole time and I took my zofran with us. With my UC not great I was nervous about hiking but I felt so blessed when it did great and I had no issues. We grabbed lunch at Wendy's on the road and finished just in time to get hiking. They have changed things up and now charge to hike and not to park. It was pretty pricey but definitely our favorite hike we've ever done. Its so fun with hiking thru the water and it's almost completely shaded. Em did so great and when things would get steep or she would get tired....I know I can do this. It was really cute
The scenery was so beautiful
And this guy right here isn't so bad to look at either
While Matt kept track of the older two I kept pace with Em. Why is she growing up so freaking fast

One of my favorite views. This canyon is just pure amazing




These two are so good for each other and make everything fun
We made it to the first waterfall. In the shade it was a little cool for the kiddos but I thought it felt awesome.

Andy and Ari headed back but we decided to take the girls up the ladder to the upper falls and it was totally worth it.




The ladder up and down were no joke but the girls did great and helping them kept my mind occupied.


The hike down was just as beautiful
We realized when we got back that the hike was actually over 5 miles. Everyone did so great but we were ready to head for St George and some dinner. We went to a St George favorite...Pizza factory. We all looked pretty beat but the food was YUMMY!

Then we headed to the condo to get settled in. Once we got everyone bathed and to bed Ari and I went to the grocery store and shopped for the rest of the weekend. By the time we got home everyone was in bed without us...lol. It was a great 1st day for our St George vacation

No comments:

Post a Comment