Friday, May 4, 2018

Day 2 Safari Park

We had a pretty great schedule set up but the beauty of traveling with just us is that we can change that any time we want. This day was just that. We decided to change up the days and head to the Safari Park. We got up and grabbed breakfast downstairs before we headed out. The food was so good. The Park was about 45 minutes away but went pretty quickly. We got to the park about 30-45 minutes after the park opened and it was pretty pleasant temperature wise. Everyone wanted a map and we figured out where we were headed and off we went. I tried to remember to take a picture every morning before we got sweaty and tired.
We watched a animal encounter with a hawk 
This man I can't even say enough good about him...he is my person. He was extra attentive making sure I was feeling ok and if I needed anything. He is better than I could have even imagined for myself

Crazy 100 yr old tree

This train is my favorite part of the park. You get to see so many fun animals and it has misters so its cool...literally. We took pretty much this exact picture 4 years ago with just Hallie and Grace. How fun to complare the two.


Matt's great candid picture taking

Giraffe's were Hallie favorite

After the train ride we took a pit stop at the splash pad because it had gotten SO hot.

This little miss loves elephants and they were her favorite the entire trip. Luckily multiple of the places we visited had several




The "petting" zoo was another highlight. There were only goats but they were so chill and just enjoying being brushed and pet. Each of the girls found a favorite.






The baby kangaroos were so fun and cute. We even got to see them play and be bottle fed.

That night we went back to the hotel, had dinner, and went for a swim. Matt took the girls down to the pool without me since I didn't feel good but I shortly after they left felt better and joined them. Matt had struck up a conversation with another couple at the pool that I joined when I got to the pool. I constantly count the girls to make sure everyone was ok. The couples little girl needed to go potty so the mom got up and took her. Once they were done with the potty trip the conversation continued. While the mom was getting her hands washed the little girl made her way back to the pool. I noticed initially she was sitting on the stairs and then moved further in. I felt the spirit tell me twice to ask her dad if she should have her floaties on but I felt like it wasn't my business and pushed it aside. Within a couple minutes of the second promptings I was counting the girls and I saw the little girl go under. In what seemed like a long time no one moved and I was up and in the pool grabbing her. I would hope if someone saw one of our girls struggling they would do the same. The parents were so appreciative and Matt kept calling me a hero. I can't remember the last time I jumped into the pool fully clothed but I would do it again in a second. Im just glad the little girl was ok just a little freaked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment