Monday, May 7, 2018

Day 5 Legoland

The girls have been very into Legos for a couple years now so thought it would be fun to try out Legoland. We got up and going so we could be there when they opened and actually made great time and actually got there about 30 minutes before the gates did. We wandered in the open areas and saw some for the Lego statues and scenes they were pretty cool.



Having read a few blogs they suggested starting at the back of the park but when we got there the rides we found din't look super fun but we tried them out. We did the firetruck pull...new experience for sure

We did find this car ride. Em was to little for the same one as Hallie and Gracie so Matt took the older girls and I took Em. Em was not a good driver and the attendant had to redirect her a couple times but we all got a good laugh out of it.

There were a few other transportation rides but nothing that anyone really loved.




We worked our way around the park to some of the water rides. The water park wasn't open all week yet because it was still off season but I don't think we missed anything. 

By this point everyone was feeling hungry so we headed to see what there was. I had heard a ton about apple fries so of coarse we had to try them and they lived up to all the hype for sure.
We also ordered some yummy bbq to go with our delicious apple fries. I wasn't disappointed for sure


They had this really cute horse ride but some of the rides had what I felt were stupid rules. Em met the height requirement but it also had an age requirement and she was to young. She was so sad so I took her to the potty with me while Matt took the girls on the ride. Matt and I were to big to ride most of the rides the kids could. I thought it was pretty stupid and not family friendly for sure.

I felt so sick and laid on a bench in the shade for a bit while Matt took the girls on a few rides. We debated even leaving but I didn't want to do that. Thank heavens after a quick prayer I felt like I would be ok and slowly felt better so we could get back to the trip.


Probably one of my favorite parts was the mini cities. They were so detailed and were complete with lights and sounds. They were really cool. The girls each found something they loved and we took some pictures



I don't know how I missed it but they had an area where you could build a boat with legos and then race them down a stream. This was probably the girls favorite thing. Unfortunately we had to cut the racing short to get to the Lego girls program on the edge of the park. We got there with about 5 minutes to spare so Matt took the girls on the carousel. As you can tell they loved it. 





Our girls with the Lego girls 
At this point we called it a day. Everyone was tired and hot and certain parts of the park were shut down. We did miss a few of the rides but on our way out the lines were so long and no one wanted to wait in the lines
I think the overall review was that Legoland was just ok and I don't know if we would ever do it again. We didn't feel like there were enough interesting things or fun rides to keep us busy all day. We did miss the storybook rides but I don't think that would have changed the overall experience but the food was good and we enjoyed being together and trying something new

No comments:

Post a Comment