Sunday, May 12, 2019

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was super awesome. It was the perfect amount of chill and family fun. We ventured to church and they gave out some yummy chocolates.

Matt smoked brisket and we invited his family over to have dinner with us and when Matt cooks we don't have to do much convincing

We all went together and got Joy a message and a gift certificate for dinner
Even though its mother'd day I really like baking especially if others will eat it. These trifles were a huge hit. Strawberry brownie and cream cheese oreo
Then we even played some cards it been a while since that happened
Van will be here before we know it but the buys are doing their best to keep up with Krissy's growing belly
One of my friends posted this quote and I loved it. Happy mother's day
As a side note I worried a lot about what to get my mom. She already buys herself everything that she wants and I'm not a very good gift giver unless I really have something in mind to get them. So this year I decided to just not do anything. I just did nothing. I have no desire to even write a card so I called her and that was it. I don't know how happy she was about that but I hope someday my kids don't feel pressured to buy me a gift I would rather have them want to spend time with Matt and I. Because in the end that's what really matters

No comments:

Post a Comment