Saturday, May 18, 2019

Van Christopher Brower

While in South Ogden running errands I got a text from Krissy saying she was having contractions that were so painful she couldn't breath through them and asked if she should be worried. As soon as I saw the text I called her for more info and to make sure she had called her Dr. She was still having contractions and Chris was in Provo at state track. I asked if I could come over and help and she said she was fine. She had put a call into her Dr and Joy was on her way to help with Eden. I hesitantly headed for home but just as I started up the canyon I felt strongly that I should turn around and go to her house to see if everything was ok. I called Joy and she was just getting out of the shower in Tremonton and would be a while before she got there. By the time I completed my phone call with her I was turned around and headed for Krissy's. Just before arriving Chris called me concerned about Krissy and looking for advice. I told him I was only a couple minutes from their house and I would go and make sure everything was ok. He seemed relieved which made me feel better because I didn't want them to feel like I was over stepping. When I arrived Krissy was Febreezing her house. I scowled her and asked if she had heard from her Dr. She siad yes and that he wanted her to come in. At that point I took the Febreeze and asked if she had packed anything. She hadn't so we headed upstairs to pack. She headed to the baby's room before I help remind her that if she had him now he wouldn't be coming home with her. She was 32 3/7wks. So after packing a few things for her and Chris we headed to the hospital. 2 adults and 3 kids under 4...lol. Luckily Hallie and Gracie were at school but we looked like quite the circus. I called a friend on the way to IMC to see if she could pick up the girls since I wasn't going to be there. I called Matt to update him and see if her could pick the older girls up after he got home form the airport. I dropped Krissy off so she could check in while I parked. Luckily I had brought Liam's carrier so I put him in that, carried Eden, and Emy walked. The girl at the desk was less than nice and told me we couldn't go in since I had kids that weren't siblings to Krissy's baby. So I text Krissy back and forth until Joy got there about an hour later. Then she stayed with the kids while I went to check on Krissy. Long story short I ended up taking the kids home with me and Joy stayed with Krissy. I picked up Krissy's mom from the Layton hospital(since her sister had a baby that morning)so I could leave Eden at home with her and head home to my family. Joy stayed with Krissy until Chris could get there later that night from state. The following day on the way to see Mindy I dropped off a gift basket for them full of snacks, treats, and other hospital fun. After a couple days of monitoring the Dr decided they needed to take the baby thinking he might have an infection. 

He ended up being born at 32 6/7 weeks
Bigger than anyone thought at
5lbs
18inches






Oh the crazy adventure it was for him to get here but it is something we definitely laugh about now


No comments:

Post a Comment