Saturday, August 24, 2019

Oral Herpes...dun dun dun

Oh man! Oral herpes is the worse illness we have ever dealt with in this house to date. It's been terrible. Liam wont eat, sleep, he cries constantly and its viral so they can't do anything to help him. On top of it he is getting teeth. In total I have given him Ibprofen and tylenol round the clock for 5 days and syringe fed him for 4 days! He has the sores on his top and bottom gums so its to painful for him to suck on a bottle. Matt and I have been taking shifts so we can get at least a little sleep. I go to bed between 9 and 10 pm and then Matt stays up with him until 2 am and then I take the rest of the night since Matt has to be to work. Luckily he hasn't had to travel these last 10 days because I truly couldn't do it alone.  The brief times he does sleep are few and far between and so he is exhausted on top of all of the rest. The dr did give me a "recipe" for Magic Mouthwash that is kids Benadryl and Maalox mixed 1:1 and put in his mouth with a mouth sponge 3 times a day but it doesn't seem to be helping much.



Emy got a mild case of it but it has worn her out
I wont complain about the sleeping cuddles though. He's getting so wiggly so Im loving the cuddles


Can you see the sad sores around his mouth? They are terrible and have been there for almost 3 weeks now. I started putting melaleuca, bag balm, and coconut oil on it but it just wont go away! But the great thing is that he is back to his happy self and eating.


No comments:

Post a Comment