Saturday, December 14, 2019

Laim's Cancer Fight-1st Week Home

The first week home from the hospital felt strangely normal. We tried to settle into our new "norm." The home health nurse comes every Monday and Thursday to do labs. Thank heavens Matt is done teaching for the semester and was home to either be with Liam or take the girls to dance. It was nice to take a break and run errands. Liam seems unphased so far and that has been a huge blessing. He is back to sleeping great most nights and naps. I think we all missed our beds and there have been quite a few naps happening as well. Liam loves bath time and has been so cute and happy in there.

One afternoon I had been on the phone and I went to check on Emy and I found her like this. Sound asleep. Its true what they say when someone in the family gets cancer everyone does. We are doing our best to keep things "normal" but some days its way harder than others. 
It brings me so much peace to see him playing and acting normal. He at times is more clingy and wants to be held but we love him so much. 
Liam finally found the presents under the tree previously he had ignored them...probably because he has no idea what they are. When he found them I decided not to stop him but to just enjoy the moment. Im sure on Christmas morning he will be into everything so it was fun to let him just open it and play with it for awhile. Since then he has opened a present a day and just plays. It has been so fun. Cancer has taught me that I need to be better about living in the moment and enjoying things in the present. 

We hope he continues to do so well. His labs did take a "dip" and look like "cancer" labs should but it was still terrifying. I had hoped it wouldn't happened but I guess in hind site its good that it did because it means the chemo is working the way it should be. The prayers of our army carry us everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment