Thursday, June 4, 2020

Liam's Fight With Cancer-3 Month Scans

Although the time went quickly the anxiety still remains. I seem to feel peace and a taste of "normal" life and then when they call to schedule scans a month before from then until scans I'm kind of a mess. I feel in my heart from all that has happened that Liam is going to do great and that cancer is a thing of the past for us I still feel terrified to be wrong. This was his first scans that I would be on my own. I am thankful for Marco Polo because it gives me a connection to my family and close friends that keep Liam and I company because there is usually some waiting. Because of COVID they were only allowing one parent in. We had to be there bright and early at 630 so we left just after 530. Liam slept til about North Salt Lake and then just looked out the window until we arrived. They were able to get us checked in quickly and into a room. They had him start drinking the contrast for the CT scan and put in an IV as well as drawing labs. After he finishes most of the contrast we have to wait an hour before they can do his scans. They are good about bringing various toys that seem to work for a while but he is at an age he really just wants to run around.
Scans went well. Liam did great with sedation and once he was awake and ate some goldfish and a root beer slushie we found this cool ride to head up to clinic. He loved this little car and I can't wait to get his car out of storage 


Once we got in a room at clinic we had to find new toys since the car wouldn't fit. Medical devices seem to be his favorite. Then the dr came in and all results were good. His tumor continues to shrink 3.4 cm x 2.5 cm x 1.6 cm (96% in total and 15% more since scans in March) and his labs are all stabilizing from the chemo. We couldn't ask for better for our sweet man. He is the light of our lives and the perfect one to complete our family.
So thankful for Nic and her willingness to keep the kids while I do follow up stuff with Liam. On the way home we stopped for chicken nuggets and fries since Liam had been NPO since the night before and then headed to Nic's where we found the girls having a ball! Playing games and in the water.
Liam and Griff settled for the water table but still had a great time.




No comments:

Post a Comment