Monday, June 8, 2020

The First Hair Cut and Remission Celebration Dinner

Although all of Liam's hair didn't fall out during chemo it did get quite thin. His hair has since grown quite a bit and is think and bleach blond just like Matt and I's were as a kid. I decided one night to try my hand at cutting his hair. I wasn't sure how he'd respond to someone else cutting his hair or if he'd even hold still. To my surprise he did great. It ended up shorter than what I intended but since I didn't have a clue what I was doing I think it went pretty well. 

Our nice neighbor brought us some cookies after his daughters gender reveal party. The kids were thrilled
We wanted to do something special for Liam's official remission but with COVID that made things more limited so we went out to dinner. The first time in over 6 months. The girls voted on Olive Garden. We should have just done take out or ate somewhere else. I don't know that we will ever make that mistake again. The menu was super limited and the service was among the worst we had ever received. When we told them about what we were celebrating they nodded and smiled without another word. That alone was super deflating. We ended up packing most of our food and leaving. We all decided we needed to celebrate in a different way because it just wasn't what we expected. It was at least nice to be together and mostly for Liam to be on the mend.



No comments:

Post a Comment