Thursday, March 18, 2021

Luke's Baptism Weekend

 We were ready to go and spend some time with our family and are so grateful for the excuse of Luke's baptism to do it. Matt was out of town when we needed to leave so he booked his return flight to head to Vegas and I flew with all the kids for the first time ever by myself. Liam was excited about his new trucks for the flight.

On the shuttle ready to go. Liam loves the shuttle and didn't want to get off  until we told him it was to go on a big airplane.

The flight went great and the kids and I were able to get our rental car and to the hotel with no issues. We grabbed Panda Express and took it to the hotel. Although covid is still real in Utah Nevada is a whole new animal so it was easier to just get takeout and go to the hotel. Unfortunately it wasn't that easy for Matt. He arrived in Vegas with no issues but had planned on taking an Uber to the hotel about 15 minutes away. When he got to the airport the line for an Uber was over an hour long he said he would wait so I headed to bed with the kids. I woke up after a couple hours and still hadn't seen him so I called only to find he was still waiting with no end in site. He had tried to rent another car but they didn't have any. Although Matt was hesitant we decided the best choice was for me to go get him. I was so nervous about leaving the kids alone in a hotel room and wasn't sure I even could but I did. I woke Hallie up briefly to tell her what was going on. I had her keep her watch to call if she needed and lock the door behind me. I prayed pretty much the entire ride to and from the airport. One nice thing was with it being so late there was no traffic and the drive went pretty quickly within 30 minutes we were back at the hotel all together and everything went well. The kids slept the entire time and I was so relieved. The next morning we woke up to beautiful sunshine and ready to see our family so we headed to Kimber's house.
Kimber had rented a bounce house/obstacle course. The kids spent most of their day out there. 



Kim is a great host and had everything so well planned so we didn't have to worry about anything. We just hung out and helped prepare food. The kids loved roasting smores








Liam loves to help. Kimber had a kids vacuum so Liam grabbed it and helped clean the floor after dinner. After everyone else left I felt like maybe we should switch our flights and go home sooner so Kimber could have her house back but she said she really wanted us to stay so we did and I was so glad we did. I have amazing relationships with my sisters. They are a god sent to me. We had so much fun and I loved getting some one on one time with Kimber and the kids.
The cup stacking competition was pretty serious
As we were getting ready to head home the morning of our flight I noticed all our shoes lined up. I paused and had to take a picture. I have found I find joy in peace in simple things since Liam's diagnosis and I hope I never lose that. I loved each of the people that wear these and I'm so grateful for all of us being here and healthy.
Then we woke up the kids and headed home.

When we got back to Utah it was freezing and no where near as warm as Vegas was
It didn't take long before the entire back seat looked like this
It was an exhausting and wonderful weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment