Wednesday, May 12, 2021

6462 Summit Cove-Shutters & More Getting Settled

 Finally getting a few decorations up and feeling more like home. It has taken some time. I didn't realize it at first but I was resentful of the house and the time that it took away form our family and the stress it caused to finish it. I know it sounds silly but makes sense to me. I feel like now that I have realized that I am now loving the space more and more for all the memories that we can make in this house and all of its amazing space.

I knew when we decided to do a day lit basement that I wanted to put a twirly slide down from the deck. What I didn't realize was how hard it would be to figure out how to do it without spending a whole lotta money. Our inspector told us to hold off and putting it up until we were done with our inspection because it would be a lot easier. When we finally started planning the slide we found the best option was to order form Amazon. Only problem was it didn't come in the height that we needed so I had to order (3)5 foot slides and pieced them together. The kids were pretty good helpers.

When Matt was a kid her had a micromachines van. While we were out shopping one day Matt saw one and we had to buy it. Liam immediately loved it and has had a lot of fun playing with it and his dad.
Now with all the girl in their own rooms we needed a few more dresses. Ikea dressers have been really good for us so I had been watching for months to find the ones we wanted. I got notification one day that they were in stock so I jumped in the car and headed to Ikea. When I got there to my surprise they had both the dressers that I wanted. Now to put them together. I actually quite like building things like this
This is how helpful the kids were...lol
And once in awhile...Im trying to do better. I take a minute and just really enjoy the sunshine and beautiful view.
After months of waiting we also got our shutters. I have never had shutters and after seeing what they cost I was worried I wouldn't think they were worth it. Initially the house seem so dark because we hadn't had anything on the windows for almost 6 months but now I am loving them. They look more substantial and let a lot more light in when open and less in when closed.


Finding a dining table has been super tricky I knew I wanted something 10 foot with leaves to make it 12-15 ft. I wanted butterfly leaves but everything I found was over 10 thousand dollars or not big enough. I finally found one on Pottery Barn but had to order it the beginning of the year as the months drug on the delivery date just got put off further and further. I was getting really frustrated but didn't know what to do so I started looking at the classifieds and to my surprise I found something very similar to what I wanted. We stopped at Nic's and borrowed their trailer. When we arrived I looked it over and thought it would be perfect. So we loaded it up and took it home for a fraction of the price. I canceled our Pottery Barn order and it was a relief to be done with that. I think its great and fits the space great.
Our gate to our community has had a really hard time staying functional. I never realized the comfort that would come from living behind a gate but I really like it. Unfortunately every couple months someone runs over the poor box and they have to rebuild it. This time it was a contractor delivering sod.
The Dunions are working on building again and the kids have loved watching the big trucks come and go across the street and do their work.
Now that we are getting more settled I have started organizing each area. I love these big drawers but they are difficult to keep organized until I found these dividers on Amazon. They have worked so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment