Saturday, June 11, 2022

St George-Part 3

 The next morning we got up and headed straight to the pool after breakfast. We found the cousins and had our kids pair off to make sure we knew where everyone was. I did better than I thought with my worrying but it would have been much better if there had been fewer people in the pools. The kids had a great time.


Liam loved the kid section until the giant bucket dumped water everywhere


Hallie was Eden's buddy
We pretty quickly were over the crowds and were hungry so we headed back for some lunch. The kids played in the splash pad and with the water guns while we got lunch going

And of coarse they wanted to "swim" in the hot tub. We tried to turn it down as cool as it would go since it was already so hot
This was my spot on the inside of the air conditioned house but still able to keep a close eye on them. I tried to read a book but I just don't know if that is something I enjoy. Needless to say I didn't make it very far into it.
That night we met up with my parents and Kimber to go out to Tuachan. We decided to do dinner so we didn't have to cook again. So we stopped at M Bettahs but the kids wanted Cafe Rio and they were in the same parking lot so we grabbed their food to go and headed to Mo Bettahs to meet the family. It's always so fun to see the kids together, They just pick up right where they left off. Playing games in the restaurant while the adults finished eating. Luckily we were the only ones in there.
Here's our group to see Mary Poppins. I was so glad we planned ahead and got tickets. In Feb they went on sale for buy one get one free so I sent out a text to both my family and Matt's and grabbed tickets. No one in Matt's family decided they wanted to come but I'm pretty sure some of them regretted it. 



I liked how we split up the tickets so we weren't all in one straight line. It worked out so well but it was SO hot! I took our cooling towels and every single one of them got used. We also bought slushies at intermission for everyone. We were hoping that as the sun went down it would cool off but it didn't. But the show was fantastic!




The show was longer than any of us had expected for a total of 3.5 hours! I was surprised the kids lasted as long and as well as they did after a couple days in the sun. On the ride back to the rental they couldn't stop talking about how amazing it was and how they wished they could go again.
On a totally different note Maddi picked up a kitten from a man giving them away at Walmart and thought she was going to take it home. Although she was pretending to forget that she isn't allowed to have pets so my mom called begging me to bring it home with us. After talking to Matt I agreed we would bring it home but it would be getting rehomed to someone near me. Surprisingly Milo seemed fine sharing his kennel with the kitty. And Im happy to report shortly after we got home the kitty went to a very nice family.


We had a great time but were very ready to escape the heat and head back tot he mountains. The ride home was pretty quiet at any given point someone was asleep...I guess thats a sign of a good trip. On the way home from trips like this after we have done all the work and are super tired I find myself reflecting on the trip. Im always so grateful to Matt for being a great balance for me, He is so helpful and just great. Im also super grateful for the job Matt has that allows him to take vacation and provides a living that allows us to do fun things like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment