Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Impromptu Service Project

 The activity day girls did a service project at the cemetery where they collected all the flowers after Memorial Day. The girls decided to keep way more than when we had something to do with. So we came up with the idea to plant them in the island by the gate entrance to our community. The kids were all very excited and helpful.



Within an hour they were all in the ground and watered. I know I've said this before and Ill say it again. I'm so grateful for small service activities like these that are fun and make a difference the kids can see.
Update...I was worried for a while that the sun had killed the flowers but as the weather cooled off and we got some rain they came back to life with all their beautiful color. I hope they come back next spring as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment