Sunday, July 17, 2022

Bear Lake Camping...Year 2

 I can't say that this is something that I look forward to myself but I do love how much the kids look forward to that and it makes it completely worth it. Every time we load up to go camping we aren't sure if everything will fit but miraculously it fits. We went back to Bear Lake KOA and got set up. The week was supposed to be record heat so we tried to plan accordingly. After setting up with grabbed dinner at the the burger place down the street before coming back to get settled for the evening. 

The next morning we got up and headed out to find a beach spot. Because we go on Saturdays its always been super busy but we found a spot. The kids went back and forth between the water and the sand pit they were building.

We set up a couple sun shades and chairs along with a blanket for us to hang out on. The water was so low the beach wasn't great but we made the best of it.

Liam and I went out on a kayak and not far out I tipped us over. I grabbed Liam immediately but he was so mad at me. But I made him get back in and we went for a ride in the kayak without further incident but he still at times brings up the fact that I tipped over the kayak and he didn't like that.

When we got back and showered we rented a few bikes and stuff to ride around with the kids in. They all wanted to take a turn driving

Some of the kids headed to the club house to play and others went to the volleyball court where they were having a hula contest. They all did very good and ended up with a lot of candy. While the kids ran around we ordered pizza and then had dinner.
Some games were played




I think one of the kids favorite parts of camping is these bunks that they sleep on in the tents. They are pretty cool and they make it so there is space for everyone in the tent. 
On Saturday night as we all sat around the fire we decided we are going to try somewhere different next year. somewhere with fewer people and more space so we'll se what that amounts to. But we have another camp trip under our belts and we survived and even managed to have some fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment