Saturday, December 24, 2022

Christmas Eve Festivities

 It's Christmas Eve! Maddi was coming to spend Christmas with us because of her work schedule so I wanted to plan something that would be fun for all of us. Growing up we had the tradition of going to one of my aunts houses and having dinner and opening presents before heading home late in the evening to go to bed before Santa came. Unfortunately we all live to far apart for that so isn't an option so I think we're still trying to figure out what our traditions are and I think we have a good one. Growing up near Christmas my mom would always make candy. I don't remember it being a family affair but I decided I wanted it to be so each of the kids picked a candy to make and that what we did on Christmas Eve. Maddi had been talking for month about making oreo truffles so I made sure I had all the things to make those for her candy. It all ended up being so much fun but so much work for sure.


Emy chose fudge so we had snickers fudge
Hallie chose caramel and turtles so we split the batch and did half of each
Gracie chose toffee and did traditional and white chocolate cinnamon sugar
This year we didn't do the present countdown that we did last year since we decided to do fewer gifts and we didn't do Christmas Eve PJs because no one needed pjs. Everyone else had opened a few gifts in the days prior so Emy got to open one as well. All the girls are into the mini backpacks and Emy was so excited she finally got one. I think it looks just like her.
Instead of pjs we opened a family gift
It was laser tag equipment. Then we spent the rest of our evening chasing each other around and shooting. They loved it and this house is perfect for it. They can also be used outside but it's to cold outside currently to do that.
Ok now that we have done all of that we are ready for Christmas to come. So off to bed so Santa can make his rounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment