Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Two Parties In One Day

 I knew I wanted to have a couple different parties in December and after talking to Matt he suggested just doing it all in one day and being done so that it what we did. It was crazy and exhausting but also so much fun. We started with the Activity Days Christmas Party. I got up just after nine to a completely quiet house only to realize the party started in less than an hour. I got a couple of the girls up and they helped me quickly get everything together. I'm getting better at delegating things so I don't stress as much. We decided to do graham cracker nativities, games, and pizza, we also watched a short church video on the birth of Christ. I think it turned out so well and we were only missing 2 of our girls. We invited the girls that would be leaving and coming in Jan so we had 18 girl but 16 with our missing 2. The girls played games while we set up the nativity stuff.



After most of the girls were picked up it was time to get prepped for the dinner party that night. We had invited 6 families from our area. Some friends from church and others from the neighborhood. I was a little nervous having that many people but didn't know who I wouldn't invite so we invited them all and it went well. Matt smoked pulled pork and everyone brought sides to share. I feel like when you do pot luck often times they is an abundance of one thing...last year it was desserts and this year it was green salads. We ate and then I had asked Matt to be in charge of the games. He told me how many prizes he needed and he took care of the rest. We played left, center, right for the first time for us and it was fun and stressful all at the same time. Jacqulyn won all the money and she was so nice and gave all the kids $3 and only kept a few buck for herself. We also played some minute to win it games and we all had to try to get an ornament on a string into a cup tied around your waist it was harder than it sounds and also super embarrassing to do but hilarious to watch. Such a fun night with friends celebrating the holidays. Grateful for all the things
We made it! By the time the night was over we were exhausted. It was worth it though to just get it all a mess in a day and it worked out for everyone schedule.




No comments:

Post a Comment