Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Black Island Farms 2013

Luckily for us when Matt changed jobs within his company as part of the negotiations he was given another week of vacation. Im pretty excited about that especially since he is gone so much with all that he is doing. Usually I take the kids to the pumpkin patch with the preschool or with a group of friends but this year we decided that he would take the day off and we would do it as a family. So Monday morning we got up and ready and headed for Black Island Farms. I was really excited Matt had decided to come since its something I have been doing with Hallie for the last couple of years. When we got there they gave us a time to come back to go on the wagon ride out to pick a pumpkin so we headed to the big grass field where all the other activities were. First we stopped to see the animals and feed them some carrots. Gracie was so funny and after she fed them would look at you in amazement that they had taken it and eaten it...so cute.

 

 First we stopped to see the animals and feed them some carrots. Gracie was so funny and after she fed them would look at you in amazement that they had taken it and eaten it...so cute.




 Next was the swings and the slides. They had cool swings shaped like horses and what we think was a dragon.
 Then to the slides. We all had a ball climbing up and down. Gracie was a little nervous at first but after the first time she wanted to go again and again. She also loved the big tall slide and Hallie learned how to climb the cargo pretty quickly.


 Then came the cow and pig train the first time around we made Gracie ride with Hallie because we weren't sure if Gracie would stay sat down. After that we felt confident in letting her go herself and she loved it and stayed sat down the entire time. When the tractor would come around the corner I could see Hallie and Gracie' smiles from a mile away and Gracie would be frantically waving.

After a couple times around we decided to try the maze on the way over I stayed back and walked with Grace while Matt and Hallie went ahead. I could help but take a picture of the sweet moment between them. She has really missed her dad and it is in moments like this that I completely fall in love with Matt. I always knew he would be a amazing dad but he has surpassed my expectations. 

 Oh how I love this man of mine
After that we spent some time mostly being lost in the maze we stopped for snacks and a drink then found our way out. The girls spent some time in the bounce house but Gracie soon realized she was the little one bouncing and quickly got out. 


Then we headed over to catch the tractor ride to get our pumpkin. when we got there we were disappointed to find they had left already and there wasn't another one for a couple of hours so they just let the girls pick one they had closer to the grassy field. I was disappointed as was Matt but the girls didn't care all they wanted was a pumpkin.



 Gracie was so funny and wanted to carry her pumpkin herself if we tried to help she would say, "me". A couple of times she set it down but eventually made it to car with pumpkin in hand.


We asked the girls where they wanted to go to lunch Hallie's only request was to go somewhere that we could stay and eat. We decided to do buffalo wild wings and it ended up being a great choice. Both the girls finished their food and got dessert. Then we headed home we were all exhausted. Once we got home we all had a nap...it was awesome! 

 After we slept a couple hours it was time for Matt to go teach...biggest bummer of the night. But he got Hallie started painting her pumpkin. She spent the next 2 hours painting that pumpkin first it was a light purple then she added pink then blue, yellow, green, brown, and orange. To be honest it was looking not so cute. When I asked her why she was putting so many colors and layers she replied, "Im putting a layer for each of the people I love and together it is beautiful." I was somewhat in amazement she spent the next 15 minutes telling me what color was who and why she loved them. The one I remember the best is Aunt Kimi was pink since she had brought her a pink frosted doughnut recently.



I don't know that I will ever look at a multicolored pumpkin the same ever again. I went to bed that night with a feeling that I really needed and had been missing. This day my my heart and mind happy. I didn't worry about what needed to be done or worry about the at time dramatic world around me it was a good day that reminded me what was really important and helped my focus on the important stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment