Thursday, October 17, 2013

Dinner with Family & Hoping for the Best

This past coupl eof weeks have been interesting 1st the girls and I were in Vegas and my dad had an intital interview with a perspective employer. The interview went great and they wanted him to meet the rest of the team. It all felt surreal to me but I have always wanted my parents to move back closer. Both so they could be more a part of our lives and so we could be more a part of theirs. I really feel like I missed out on a lot of Nate and Maddi's childhoods because we were so far away. I tried not to get my hopes up but that was silly becasue even the thought of them moving got me more excited than Christmas morning. After a lot of talking my dad decided to make a trip up north to see if the job would work out. He came up Thursday night in preparation for the interview on Friday afternoon. Friday morning he and Nic went out looking for houses and then he headed off to the interview. We were all anxious with anticipation while we waited to hear what the offer was. After some time we were dissappointed to hear the offer and to realize it was much lower than what my parents were hoping for. That afternoon my dad spent some time on the phone with the owner to try and work out a deal that would be good for both of them. They parted ways saying they would get back to him this week after some discussions with the other partners. But we were all still excited to be together although we wished we were celebrating the new job and making plans for the move. So off to dinner we went we met at Farmington Station and ate at Zupas it was very light hearted and we enjoyed catching up. I love that when we are together you can rarely tell whose kid belongs to who weare always keeping track of each others kids. Hallie was so excited to see her papa again I had to keep reminding her she couldn't sit on his lap.








We had a great dinner then let the kids play outside in the cool fall air while we visited some more. I love nights like this and Im hoping with all my heart that they can work something out so we can get my parents closer. I have always wanted grandparents for my kids like my Grandma Norr was to us and I think the only way that will happen is if we live close to my parents. We are still waiting to hear I guess what is supposed to happen will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment