Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Vegas Week

Thursday the girls and I loaded up and headed for the airport to fly to go see grandma, papa, and maddi. But we had to stop for refreshments before we left. It was our 1st trip to Zeppes but Im pretty sure it wont be our last the girls loved ice cream in their slushies. Hallie has been so excited to go to grandma's on the way out the door she said, "Oh mommy my heart is so excited to see my grandma."
 We parked at the Park n Jet and rode the shuttle to the airport. It was a little tricky to say the least packing 2 kids, 2 suitcases, a stroller, and a car seat by myself but I have done it before and knew that I could do it again. Hallie was very helpful and cooperative so we made it all work. We dropped our bags off and headed to security only to find that the girl that checked us in didn't give me Hallie's boarding pass(super annoying) so we went back and grabbed it only to realize our flight was an hour late. So we took our time getting through security and grabbing a snack. The flight was a little like a Lagoon ride so I was glad when we were safely on the ground in Vegas. Once the car pulled up the girls were freaking out until they were being held by their papa and maddi(grandma was still at work). We buckled up and headed home and for some dinner. When we got there grandma was there with dinner waiting. We ate and quickly unpacked before Mom and I headed for what they call a nickel auction with some girls in her ward. Once we got there we were really glad we had gone. How it works is everyone brings 5 dollars in nickels and 2 items they no longer need or want and a treat to share. Everyone bids and highest bid wins it ended up being a lot of fun and a good night spent with a bunch of fun girls. Friday we got up, ready, and headed to run some errands. Once we got home we put the girls down and mom and I tackled the project of labeling all the yard sale items for the community yard sale the following day. That night my dads cousin came to have dinner with us and the girls talked grandma into swimming. The wind was blowing and the air wasn't that warm so it didn't last very long but they loved it while they were in. Once they got out everyone had hot chocolate and some dinner to warm up.





 Saturday morning was busy mom, dad, and I got up to get the yard sale stuff out before mom and I went out yard saling. Hallie got up just before we left so she decided to come as well. We left papa to man the yard sale and headed to the park where there were 60 yard sales and to get a map for the other surrounding yard sales. We found quite a bit of stuff and a couple hours later left with our arms more than full. I bought mostly books, shoes, and decorations. Saturday afternoon we went to Cafe Rio for dinner and spent the rest of the day hanging out and relaxing. Sunday morning papa made pancake breakfast complete with eggs and sausage. After breakfast we turned on conference and when I turned around to see where Hallie was she she was watching conference like this...I thought it was so cute.
 During the 2nd session the girls both napped. Gracie woke up just as conference was ending and needed some cuddle time before she was really awake. She was so attached to papa and got super excited every day when he came home from work. She would twirl 2-3 times, squeal papa papa, and run to cling to his leg until he would hold her.
This little girl loves peanut butter and jam and quite regularly can be found eating one or both out of a jar if you happen to leave them out. At grandmas she got caught red handed.


 Not like we couldn't have been able to tell since she is the messiest eater ever! Sunday evening papa made cookies with the girls while mom and I made the girls a couple sets or maxi skirts and this cute mummy. My dad was so thoughtful and made some gluten free so I could have some as well. My mom was also so great and once I told her we were coming she started buying  a variety of gluten free options for me to eat as well. It made it so nice that I didn't have to worry about what to eat. It meant a lot to me. I don't know how my mom thinks of these darling things but they turned out super cute.
Gracie hated sleeping in her pack n play and would cry for what seemed like endlessly. I finally let her fall asleep in my bed(by herself) and then move her to the pack n play once I was ready for bed. That seemed to work really well and she did great just napping in my bed. This little girl wants to be grown up so badly.
My cute mom and dad

 Monday we spent the morning getting ready and packing our bags. The girl and grandma attempted to swim again but the nights are getting to cool and the pool was to cold to really enjoy swimming so we opted to eat some lunch and head for the park. The girls had a ball and I have never seen such a huge park.




 Then we were off to the airport after a fabulous trip. Usually the last day comes and I'm ready to head for home. This time was very different from the others. I even tried to figure out how we could stay longer since my dad is coming this coming weekend but with work I had to be back so I forced myself to come home. I loved being there, with my family, having help with the girls, having someone worry about me,and feeling needed. I loved not being alone and having someone to talk to. Once we got the airport I cried all the way to security it was not fun. I will be happy for the weekend to come when they will be here again and hope that things change and my parents are able to relocated back to Utah. Im grateful for the family I was blessed with for my sisters, mom, and dad that are constantly calling to visit and check on me. Im not really sure I would be sane with Matt in school and gone all the time without them. Im glad the girls and I were able to go and spend time making memories and building our relationship. My mom and I have not always had the best relationship but I think sometimes it takes becoming a mom to really appreciate the mom I was blessed with. Love you guys thanks for always welcoming us with open arms...see ya soon


No comments:

Post a Comment