Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Gluten Free Expo and Build a Bear

Saturday was the annual Gluten Free Expo. This has become a yearly event and I really look forward to seeing what they have newly come up with and the new products that make my life more interesting and more "normal." Hallie really enjoyed going last years so she was eager to join me again. Matt and I decided he would keep Grace and it would be like a Hallie/Mommy date day. Its always fun to have some one on one time with the girls especially now that Matt is gone so much so it is usually the 3 of us girls. Hallie was so excited on the way down to eat treats...as they have tons of samples and I told her she could try whatever she wanted. They had a lot of new exhibits and more big names are producing g.f. products. I was so excited when Kimber said she would join me at the expo...no because she wanted to go...but because she wanted to spend time with me. I just love how thoughtful and caring she is. By the time we were half way through Kimber, Hallie, and I were all stuff. Luke was covered in cookie and looked like he was enjoying ever minute. Im sure Hallie's favorite part was the bounce houses they had at the end. We all took turns going down the slide and bouncing. Kimber even took Luke once...he didn't really like it.




These are the pictures Hallie took of us...not to bad for a 4 year old. I love this siter of mine and the swwet thoughtful heart she has.

Hallie got this chicken hat at the expo and thought it was so funny so I took a picture of her in it then she proceeded to take some self portraits.
Speaking of how thoughtful Kimber is she brought Hallie a pink frosted doughnut. Hallie has been talking about it for days now...it must have been pretty tasty
Just as we were getting ready to head for home Matt's mom called to see if she could take Hallie to Build a Bear for her birthday I asked Hallie what she wanted to go so we went to meet up with her. Hallie quickly picked a kitty and didn't change her mind. She had named her Tangled before she was even stuffed.
This is Hallie rubbing and kissing the heart that went into her kitty. She also picked a bubblegum scent that went inside as well.
Making her wish
Then she had to take kitty to have a bath and get brushed.
This is her and grandma after her kitty was all groomed
Then they had to find her an outfit. Hallie had seen a tangled dress as we walked in the door and from that point I knew it was only a matter of time before she would pick out that dress.
Hallie also picked out a crown and some Repunzel hair for her kitty
Then grandma helped Hallie finish her birth certificate
Then the Tangled kitty became her

Then we wandered around until we found an ice cream shop and we got Hallie some ice cream. She was thrilled when they told her they had bubblegum and that is what she had.
After ice cream we walked pretty quickly to the car it was cooling off  quick. We drove grandma back to her car and headed for home ourselves. I love taking the girls places I get so many compliments on how cute they are...its nice to know it isn't just me who thinks they are cute. On the way into the ice cream shop there were some boys in their 20s who stopped me and asked if Hallie belonged to me I of coarse said yes. They proceeded to tell me she was the most adorable thing I have ever seen. Hallie politely said thank you and headed for the ice cream counter. What a fun day filled with family time.


No comments:

Post a Comment