Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Angel Tree 2013

I have always liked doing angel tree names and now Hallie is starting to understand what is means which adds even more magic to it. Matt mentioned a couple weeks ago that the Weber campus in Layton had their tree up and from that point on Hallie asked every couple days when we were going to pick her a "friend." So that weekend we headed up to Weber and we all got to pick our "friend." They don't have names(just ages, gender, and sizes) so Hallie took it upon herself to name all of them. Hers name is Kimi(after aunt kim) and the rest of them...well they change depending on the day. Here is Hallie with her "friend" next to the tree
 Gracie was less than cooperative for pictures but Ill take what I can get. 
Now Hallie just keeps asking when we are going to have time to go shopping for her "friend" and the answer to that is hopefully soon. So the day we were going shopping I asked the girls to get their coats and boots. Hallie was no cooperating so I told her if she didn't get ready she was getting left. She said that was fine she didn't want to go shopping for the little girl anymore. So I told her if she made the choice to not go shopping then this little girl wouldn't get a Christmas and that wasn't her choice to make. So if she chose to stay home I told her I would be taking every present under the tree to give to the little girl. She sat quietly for a few minutes and then said I don't think there is anything she wants that Im getting. I then asked what she thought she was getting. She listed several things that may or may not be under the tree and then I replied I think she will love all those things. And headed out the door she came running behind and said mom I think we should buy her her own presents so we can both be happy on Christmas. And that was a good answer so we went shopping and the girls had a great time. Im disappointed because I took no pictures. I had to remind Hallie a couple times that these gifts were not for her and then she did great looking frequently at her little girls list and asking me to read it again. Im grateful for opportunities like this to teach our kids to be selfless and think of someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment