Friday, December 6, 2013

Start of a New Tradition

Matt and I decided to try something different this year and do a book each day counting down to Christmas. They are not all Christmas books just a bunch of cute and fun stories to add to our collection. We wrapped each book and placed them under the tree with the date they are to be opened. And it has been fun for them to open them and then for us to sit and read them. The girls have loved it! And I think this may be a tradition that really sticks.

 Hallie asks me quite often when Uncle Nate will be home to play with her again so we decided to make a chart. Each day she gets to add a sticker. We also highlighted the times we will get to see or talk to Nate. It has helped a lot and its been fun for ther kids as well.
 This is what my beautiful front room looks like. 
 I gave in and finally bought a Christmas tree that I love and Matt and I picked some new colors and we have both loved it

 On both sides of our built in are the home for our Christmas village I keep adding a couple each year. The ice skating rink with the bear ice skater was my grandmas and I remember as a kid playing with him at her house....makes it that much more special.


No comments:

Post a Comment