Friday, December 27, 2013

Snow, "Puppy Lay", and the Live Nativity

Over the last week we have gotten about a foot of snow and we are loving it. Luckily we have been able to stay home and not have to travel in it which make it even that much more fun since we can either stay inside and watch it in all its beauty or play outside in it. On the day we got the most snow I went to go get Hallie and the suburbans battery was dead. I call Erin to come rescue me. Brett happened to be home as well so they all came. They helped me push the suburban out of the garage and then found out the jumper cables were to short to reach from one side of her battery to the other side where my battery was. Just while we were trying to figure it out a 2 wheel drive truck slide into the gutter up the hill from me so we ran up to help get them out. In the mean time another neighbor went to get Hallie from preschool and when she dropped her off they were able to jump the suburban. Then we proceeded to help a couple other vehicles stuck in the snow. It was a day I was reminded how blessed I am to have great friends that will help me when Im in a tight spot.
A couple days after that our babysitter flaked last minute. I was racking my brain trying to think who would be around to watch the girls on a Saturday night in December last minute. Matt thought of his old secretary from RJP who is frequently mentioning how much she misses the girls. Matt called her and she was thrilled. Come to find out both her teenage girls had both cancelled their plans for the night so they could stay home and play with the girls. I was shocked and once again reminded at how loved and blessed our little family is. The girls had a fantastic time and they learned how to doggie pile. While we were still at their house Hallie said watch mom I know how to puppy lay. We all sat there for a minute trying to figure out what she was saying before the room broke into laughter...what a silly girl.
 We heard through the grapevine about the live nativity in West Haven we have lived in Ogden for 7 years now and I was surprised we hadn't heard about it sooner but we decided it would be a great family night the week of Christmas. The girls were fascinated with all the live animals. Hallie asked a lot of great questions and I think now understands the nativity story better than she ever could have from a book.


I think this may become part of our yearly traditions. It was great to be reminded about the true meaning of Christmas all that happens around that time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment