Sunday, March 30, 2014

Blessed

Recently while talking to my sister in law I realized just how much I love my life right now. I remember throughout my life I have thought oh when I get to a certain point in my life I will be happy with where I am. I can truly say when I became a mom I found that place. And the longer I have been a mom the more true it has become. I spent pretty much my entire life wanting to be a mom and saying that I feel blessed to now be one would be an understatement. Yes, there are still days I get frustrated and need a break...that's normal. But knowing that the Lord has entrusted me with 2 of his special valiant spirits is at times overwhelming. Matt and I are doing our best to raise kind, loving, daughters of god. That hopefully realize the power and privileges that come with being a daughter of God. I read on a parenting website a couple weeks ago about different bedtime routines one lady mentioned that before she put her kids down for the night she told them 3 things she loved about them. I loved this idea and have since started doing this. I think it has made me more grateful for my girls and being able to be their mom. One night I had told Hallie her 3 things, kissed her, and tucked her in just as I was getting ready to leave Hallie said, "mom you forgot one thing you love about me.....my silliness." We both laughed I agreed with her and said good night as I was heading up the stairs I heard her say, "mommy I love your silliness too." In moments like that I realize how much I love my "job" as a mom. I have 2 sweet, loving, beautiful, smart, healthy, and thoughtful girls who look to me for direction in life. I have also found that in doing this I have found more patience during the day and focus on the positive. I think focusing on what you are grateful for makes me a more positive person. For instance when I ask the girls to come brush their teeth or get their shoes and socks on and they quickly come I make a bigger deal out of it than if they hadn't listened. It really has made a big world of difference in my mood and theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment