Saturday, April 18, 2015

Easter with Grandma and Papa

Saturday after Manor Care we headed home so Matt could go to Weber and take one of his last tests for his Master Program. I will be so thrilled when he is done!!! While he was gone we ate lunch and had naps. As soon as he got home we headed to Nics for more Easter festivities. My mom had an egg hunt set up for the kids. There were 120 eggs for just the 4 of them. The kids anticipation was high I didn't think they were going to make it thru taking pictures before they could find the eggs....hence why none of them are really paying attention.







After they found the eggs and ate way to much candy it was time to dye some eggs. My mom had seen this new idea where you color some shave cream and then put your eggs in. It was fun to try but didn't really work so we wont be doing that again but it was fun to try something new.



After that we ate dinner and then the boys headed to the priesthood session while we stayed home and visited and the kids just played. Just a side note we had forgotten Matt's church clothes so it would have been really easy for him to just stay home but he went anyways in his jeans and tennis shoes. Im grateful for his example and his desire to do what is right. After the boys got home we did cake and ice cream to celebrate Maddi birthday. In the two below pictures I captured what Gracie really likes about cake and ice cream....the frosting(just like her mommy). When you ask what she is doing she just looks really guilty before a smile covers her face and she tells you she is just eating frosting.

The birthday group  minus mom who is taking the picture
After cake and ice cream my mom "attempted" to get a picture of my dad with the grandkids and well lets just say none of them were interested in holding still or having their picture taken minus Hallie. But it is a great picture of her with her papa.
After that it was time to call it a night we were all tired for the long day and everyone was pretty sugared out. I was sad to head home knowing that my parents would be leaving the next morning but I have a feeling that we will be seeing them a lot more in the next couple of months which will be a welcomed treat for us. Sunday we stayed home and watch conference. Matt caught up on some much needed homework and took it easy. That morning I had woke up feeling pretty awful...I think I had over done it the previous 2 days and not only had pregnancy caught up with me but also a very nasty cold so I was very glad to have Matt home so I coul dtake it easy on the couch, All in all it was a fun weekend. I wish that weekends like this would spread themselves out more so we had more time to enjoy each occasion individually but it is what it is and it was fun to have conference fall on actual Easter weekend. The girls are getting old enough where they are really understanding the true reason we celebrate Easter and for with that Im thankful for the weekend and the memories that were made.


No comments:

Post a Comment