Sunday, June 7, 2015

Meeting More Family

Over Memorial Day Weekend my parents and sister were able to make a quick 24 hour trip to visit and meet our sweet Emery. Maddi was so funny she told my mom she didn't want to come and didn't even care if she got to hold the baby but once they got here her tune totally changed. She was hogging Em for sure. I think she kinda likes her.
Meeting Grandma Sheryl(Las Vegas Grandma)

And although papa is more of a fan when the babies are a little older he even got a chance to snuggle her.
Shortly after they got there we found out that my Grandma Harris and Aunt Jeanette we coming down to visit as well. It was a fun surprise.

This is Emery with her Great Grandma
Our beautiful little Em
Shortly after everyone got there it started to pour rain, and there was a ton of thunder and lightening. About an hour later the sun came out and the clouds went away. Maddi took the girl out to jump in the puddles although I think she did more supervising than jumping in the puddles when she realized how cold it was. The girls had a ball some of the puddles were so deep there rain boots were full of water. Once they came in they had to completely change their clothes since they were soaked through.


After church Nic and Ky came up to join us for dinner. We had a full house and enjoyed some great food. I love this picture of all the kids lined up eating their dinner.
I put Emery down in her bed to sleep while the rest of us ate but she didn't get left there before Maddi wanted to cuddle her again.

The rest of the kids were great. They pulled out the sand play doh and we didn't hear much from them after that. They were completely entertained while the rest of us visited.
Grandma even got in on the action. She has come so far and is so good with the kids. We really enjoy having her around.


Our 4 generation picture I have been lucky enough to have one of these with each of my girls
The whole gang...this was pure skill by my hubby to get this picture..lol
My girls love to cuddle with their papa. Hallie didn't waste any time making a place for them to cuddle while we all chatted. I love when they get some quality time with my parents. I think these quiet moments are moments they will remember one day
Although it was a very quick trip I'm so glad they made the effort to come and meet our little sweet heart. It was such a great day spent with some of the people we love the most.


No comments:

Post a Comment