Sunday, June 28, 2015

The Dream Begins

The time has finally come and we are ready to roll. Thursday 6/25 we got word that our permit was ready to go. Matt stopped by the county to pick it up on the way to our closing for our construction loan...the time couldn't have been more perfect. And here it is in the physical form.
/
Friday the surveyors got everything staked out so the hole was ready to be dug. The plan is to dig the hole Monday 6/29 and we couldn't be more thrilled.



The pan is to be done by Nov 15th and get moved in before Thanksgiving but I hate to get my hopes up so I am hoping we are in by Christmas. We are so excited to get started but I'll be honest I had no idea how much work goes into a self build home. There are so many choices to make and it definitely isn't for the faint at heart. I get worried that one finish wont match another but the parade of homes has given both of us a reassurance that we should just pick what we want and it will all work out.I'm so glad to have Matt by my side that we are finally getting the chance to do this together. Im looking forward to looking back at these posts to see the progress we have made as the house progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment