Sunday, February 26, 2017

Chris's Birthday Party

About a week before Chris's birthday I was talking to Krissy about what their plans were and she mentioned she would like to do something but they don't have the space for everyone. I happy offered our house..after all that's why we built this house. I always wanted a gathering place where I could have my whole family under one roof...its a little crazy but at times my favorite. Krissy brought everything and got here about 30 minutes before everyone else. She decided to do cake mix waffles which is basically a cake shaped like a waffle. I asked if she wanted to make it into a waffle bar or something more "food" like  but she wanted to do simple and just do waffles so I just fed our family before everyone else got here. I thought the kids might find they didn't feel well if they just had cake for dinner. I made some waffle batter for me so I didn't have to just watch everyone eat...it worked well. The waffles were a hit

Of coarse there was some dress up that occured

Im grateful for this girl and our friendship in navigating life with in laws
Matt loves his drone and couldn't wait to show anyone interested at the party. 

They took it for a spin outside and then when it was time for everyone to leave instead of our usual selfie stick we used the drone it was pretty awesome.

I like to check in with Chris and Krissy quite a bit with everything going on with their fertility stuff just to see how their doing. Just thru that Krissy and I have found a pretty great friendship. Something this family I married into is lacking realizing how important it is to be part of each others daily lives. To truly have a relationship outside of just the couple of times we see each other a year we really need to make an effort, In Matt's family they seem to view success as how busy they are. When we get together I feel like we are on the clock and just going thru the motions. I found out during the party that the Brower girls have been planning a girls weekend away and have been including everyone but me and although my feeling were hurt momentarily I then realized that I probably wouldn't make the arrangements to go anyways. The older I have gotten I have realized that life is to short to do things you don't want to. I have moved past the point where I don't do things because I'm expected to but because I want to and I feel like it will help and up lift me then I don't do it. I prefer to spend my time with up lifting a positive people that take a true interest in my life and my families lives. With that being said I'm so blessed to have many of those people in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment