Friday, February 24, 2017

Hang Out Days

My friend Ashley has had hard time lately. Her marriage is really struggling. They are trying to work things out but they have years of things that they need to work with plus all the "baggage" they brought into the relationship. Along with that her washer broke and the part was over a week out so for the last couple of weeks she has been coming over once a week to do her laundry. So she came over with the kids and they just play while we get the laundry done. She does about 11-12 loads a week which seems crazy to me since I do 4-5 and she only has one more kids than we do. But needless to say its a full day. We visit and eat lunch and just kinda do our own stuff. She had to run and clean a vacation rental so I kept the kids. She asked if I would tear Cy's car seat apart so we could wash it and Em decided it was the best place to hang out. 
I love to watch Em at this age interact with other babies. She loves them and gets so excited when she sees them. She especially loves Cy and he is getting more and more interactive with her all the time. He hasn't learned to be soft by any means so she isn't quite sure what to think about that but its cute to watch them interact for sure. Gracie and Morgan are usually to busy playing to care about pictures. They usually play really well together for 4-5 hours and then need some sort of break from each other. Im glad my girls have found good friends that they enjoy spending time with. 
On another side note. I have always had a really hard time making real friends. My personality has a tendency to want to care for people so I regularly check in on people but I find that often if I need something I have to ask for and seek out friends in order to get the help that I need. I have found this to be even more true lately. I have felt so alone and isolated. I have also found that many people more to where I live to be alone and get away from everything and everyone. With Ashley so busy with trying to situate her life it has just magnified how alone I feel. I wonder sometimes why we felt we were supposed to move where we did knowing that Matt would be gone alot. At times I really need/wish I had more community support and resources. That is one of the reasons we are thinking about relocating after our 2 years here are done. Only time will tell it would be nice if Matt got a new job where he didn't travel as much but to be honest Im getting used to it and it seems weird the weeks he is actually home. Its funny how life twists and turns. Two years ago I would have told you we would live in this house forever and this is where our grand kids would come to play but now Im not so sure. But I'm going to do mu best to put myself out there to be involved with others because I know that Im not alone in feeling this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment