Friday, February 17, 2017

Headboard Project

Anyone who knows me knows that I love a good quick project. What other might not know is that I can be extremely handy. I feel like I was raised to be that way to some extent because my sisters are like that as well. So doing a project with one of them just makes for a double bonus so when Nic mentioned wanting to make some headboards I was quick to offer my services. So Friday while Hallie was out of school we headed to Kaysville to do some building. Nic had already bought the wood and had it precut (since Kyle doesn't like her running the saw) so allw e had to do was assemble them. They went together pretty quickly and I thought we did a pretty great job.


The kids were really good! They jumped, played, and ultimately watched a movie as the day got later and they all got tired. Em was even really good until about the last hour and then she was so tired and just wanted to be held. We brought in the slide from outside and she loved it so Nic said we could bring it home until she needed it back for the baby...which wont be for a while.
After we put them together we got to painting. First 2 coats of primer then 2 coats of white paint. I loved how they looked after 1 coat of primer. They had like a white washed look but it wasn't the look she was going for so we got them all painted. They looked really good but the pictured don't pick up the definition very well.

The last little bit Em was our helper but she was good about not touching the paint and just watching youtube videos...lol mostly Moana videos. The love this girl has for music is adorable and the song how far I'll go is a definite fav


No comments:

Post a Comment