Tuesday, February 21, 2017

We are Building an Ark

With all of the snow and the now unseasonable warm weather water has become a real issue more for others than for us but I noticed this morning that our trampoline hole now looks like an in ground swimming pool. Which was fine and kinda funny until it melt more and overflowed the hole heading towards the house. I was then worried we would have more problems with the window wells but that didn't seem to be the case. Once the hole started over flowing I pulled s couple pumps from window wells that weren't having issues and put them on the trampoline. The frame of the tramp was 7/5 in under water and the grass was 5 inches. The middle of the tramp was 12 inches under water. I have never seen so much water in my life. Luckily we have the pumps and know how to use them so after 12 hours of pumping there is only about 2 inches of water left on the tramp. It was probably a really good thing that I followed the prompting I had to put the pumps out there prematurely because about 4 pm it started pouring rain and then 3 hours later turned to snow and now everything is covered in snow again. Would the water have been fine probably but who knows. What I have learned is when you have a prompting even inf you think its just a thought you just do it. Now at least when it warms up again we will have more space for the water in the hole since we pumped out quite a bit of it. My mom called and asked if we are building an ark yet. Although the water issues are annoying Tremonton is having some devastating flooding that is over taking homes and making so they can't live a normal life. Right now they are unable to do laundry, flush a toilet, or really put anything down the drain. For now we will take it and deal with it as it comes but I would be lying if I said I wasn't happy it had snowed again becuase now all the water is frozen...at least for now.






No comments:

Post a Comment