Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentine's Day Week

I think Valentine's Day is so fun. I remember growing up my mom always had a little gift for us and we usually made sugar cookies in the shape of hearts and took them to our neighbors. Although I think the idea of Valentine's Day is kinda silly considering that you spend one day showing love to people you care about...which is something I think that should be done on a daily basis. Having kids for Valentine's day I think makes it the most fun. My mom has been good about sending the girls a Valentine's package and every year they are so excited. They got socks, hair bows, and some treats.

Friday Ashley came over to do her laundry since her washer has been broke for over a week. We ended up doing 11 loads of laundry and it took closed to 12 hours! The kids all had a great time playing and we even did pizza all together for dinner. With Matt out of town it made the time pass quicker than being home alone for sure. I sent Matt this picture and said...this is why we built an island this big. Seven kids 10 and under. After dinner we watched trolls and all of the kids loved it. We went thru 6 bags of popcorn!
Saturday Matt and I went out to dinner and ran some errands including buying new garments. Its so nice to have shiny white garments now mine were getting pretty gray looking. The kids had a fun little Valentine's party with their babysitter while we were gone. Tuesday(being Valentine's Day) both Hallie and Gracie had school and got to make Valentine's for their class. We did Hershey kiss roses that I learned to make when I was a kid. They came together really quick and the girls were great to help. They both did it all by themselves. Gracie is getting so good at writing letters and didn't even                                                                        have to ask for help.

While the girls did Valentines Emery entertained herself in the box...can you see her black socks out the window they cut out.
On Sunday I dressed all the girls in pink and red...because its fun. They looked so cute
Valentine's morning I worked so Matt got up and got the kids off to their activities. Luckily we were prepares so Matt got up and got the cinnamon rolls(his request) ready to have their special breakfast. I'm grateful he's willing to help me out with the traditions I like even when I'm not around


 After preschool Matt and Gracie had a cookies and milk party just the two of them while Em was napping
She got this box, that her teacher had made her, for her valentine's .
Gracie is loving her Elaina figurines...they are getting played with a lot. Hallie got a book and a jewelry box and Em got some trolls figures and a color wonder book

Love Day spans more of a week for us and lets be honest it really lasts the whole year. I love Matt and the girls and can't imagine my life without them. Im grateful for the gospel and the fact that we can always be together no matter what 

No comments:

Post a Comment