Wednesday, November 28, 2018

38 Weeks

Ok so about a week ago I started getting uncomfortable. I don't sleep great anymore, my muscles hurt all over, and I have to pee all the time. Today I went to go see Dr. Boheen Im dilated to a 3+ and she said she would probably see me in the next couple days...I hate when she says stuff like that. But we did set an induction date for the 5th since the 4th was full. I asked why she couldn't induce me on the 30th since I would be 39 weeks on the 1st and she said that according to my due date of Dec 11th I couldn't be induced until the 4th. I was completely surprised they had told me all along that I was due the 8th and now suddenly its the 11th but at this point I didn't think it would do me any good to argue. I asked her about it and she said she would look into it that it could have been a paperwork error. On the way home from gymnastics my contractions started about 6 minutes apart. When I got home Matt was outside putting Christmas lights up. As it was snowing the girls were dying to play in it so we got them dressed and I headed out to help Matt with lights. While we were outside my contractions were more like 4 minutes apart. Matt could tell and asked if we needed to go to the hospital. I was so hesitant because I didn't want them to send me home but after 2 hours of contractions 4-6 minutes apart we decided we better go to the hospital and get checked. I called Amy to come stay with the girls. We got them bathed and in bed before we left. The roads were terrible but we made it safely to the hospital. We got all checked in and into a triage room. The nurse checked me and I was a 4 and 70% effaced. She called Dr Boheen and they decided to keep us for an hour and then see if I had progressed. We walked the halls, did squats, and drank a bunch of water. My contractions stayed consistent 3-4 minutes apart but after an hour I was still a 4 they kept us for another hour and I was only a 4+ so they decided to send us home. I wasn't surprised but at this point it was 12:30 am and I was tired and just wanted to go home. I text Amy and we got home about 1 am and went right to bed. I was bummed but who wants to be up all night having a baby...lol I have now done the walk of shame but if nothing else I would be induced next week


No comments:

Post a Comment