Thursday, December 6, 2018

Liam Matthew Day 3-Going Home


We were able to get some pretty good sleep despite having a pretty terrible nurse and aide thru the night. I had been talking to Kimber on Wed about names and how hard it is to decide on just one that they will have forever and she said that she would look at each of her kids and call them by the names she was considering and see if any of them felt right. Wed night when I was up feeding him in the wee hours of the morning I went thru the entire list of probably about 8 names that Matt and I had discussed during the day. As I carefully considered each name nothing felt right until I came to Liam. It was a name I had added to the list about 3 weeks prior but Matt wasn't sure if he was a fan. It just felt right. I was so excited and relieved at the same time to feel like we had found a name I wanted to wake Matt up but decided to let him sleep and make sure that I was sure that's what I wanted. The next morning I was still sure and as I talked it over with Matt he was completely in agreement and so then it happened he had a name.
Liam Matthew Brower
We called the birth certificate office and sent texts out to our families to make it official. Then we were lucky enough to get a few more cute visitors. Since the kids couldn't come in Matt had volunteered to sit in the waiting area with them while Nic and I visited and she got to meet Liam.

I had to be sure to document this. Liam's ears are unique. Initially the Dr thought it was from being against something and that it would flatten out but I think his little ear dimple is so sweet.
I love this picture. Joy kept the girls while we were at the hospital for a couple days but had a concert Thursday night so we opted to be discharged earlier than planned rather than finding someone to keep the girls for a couple hours. So we worked it out for Joy to bring Emy to us and then she hung out with us until we were able to leave.  She love Liam and wants to hold him any chance she gets. She loved being the only one there so she got a long turn. I hope these two are the best of friends.
While Matt walked Joy out Emy and I got him dressed and ready to go home. They always look so little in their tiny clothes



Then into his car seat. Oh fun fact he does not like the hospital provided binkis he likes the harder one that they suggest for bigger babies


Headed home to see the other girls
Making sure to get her cuddles in
I was happy to be home but oh so sad to leave the room service and the constant help. Feeling pretty good and loving not being pregnant anymore. Being pregnant this time around was harder than I remembered. I just kept reminding myself that it was my last time around but I also found myself  a little panicked at times as I thought about never having a baby again, giving a first bath, spending a first night in the hospital with those precious quiet moments with a baby fresh from heaven but then I realized there is a time and season to everything and there are so many things to look forward to as we move on to new adventures and close the door to growing our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment