Thursday, January 17, 2019

Happy 35th To Me

My birthday this year was different than most. Austin & Kya were getting married so I got to spend my whole day with Matt pretty much alone. I had arranged for Emy & Liam to  stay with Nic so we could be at the temple together. So once we got the girls off to school we headed to drop the younger 2 off. I was hesitant to leave Liam but felt at peace knowing he would be with Nic and I don't think anyone could love him as close as I do aside from my sisters. 
The weather was yucky and the roads bad but we made it to the Payson Temple just in time for the ceremony. The church has changed up how sealings work and it was different than before. Everyone was so nice and wished me happy birthday. Ris even snuck over before the sealing and whispered it in my ear. Joy was so thoughtful and brought me flowers and a balloon at the luncheon and they sang to me. It was probably one of my better birthdays just being surrounded by family.
We didn't stay for the entire luncheon as we needed to get home for the girl and Liam. The drive home was slow and long as the weather had gotten worse and the roads were terrible. I was greeted when we got home to several gifts from friends. Last year I remember feeling so sad and lonely on my birthday. This was such a fun change from last year. I felt so loved and was grateful for so many thoughtful friends
It was such a fun day I loved getting to spend the day with Matt and getting away for a little bit. Liam was great for Nic although I assume she held him the whole time. I wish there could be a wedding or something every year.



No comments:

Post a Comment