Saturday, March 28, 2020

6462 Summit Cove-Mulch Day

The day finally came to mulch the hundreds of branches we have cut down over the last several months. Matt stopped and picked up the equipment on Friday and we were anxious to get started so after dinner we ran up to the lot and mulched as many trees as possible until the sun was setting. The girls were all very helpful and wanted to help with all parts of the process. 

I feel like Hallie has grown up right before our eyes. She is so helpful and her attitude has been so good lately. She is really trying and I couldn't be more proud of her. She is my right hand and I can't imagine it any other way.

This time I brought warm clothes for Liam and put him in the backpack with his ear protection. He                                        did so well and just seemed happy to be along for the ride.







Gracie was so happy when we were done

The next morning we started early...it was snowing(of coarse). Kerry was up here bright and early to help...which I was so grateful for since I never know how much help I'll be with the kids. Emy and Gracie just wanted to play and sit in the car but the rest of us got it done.
They at least took some pictures to document.
The weather was less than favorable but at least it was better than rain because we stayed mostly dry.
I ran Gracie, Emery, and Liam home for lunch and nap. We had completely worn Kerry out so he headed home and after quickly settling the kids I headed back to finish up with Matt and Hallie. Hallie was freezing so she sat in the truck while we finished up. As we finished the sun came out and the snow went away...go figure!





Now to get the professionals in to clear the rest. Cant wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment