Thursday, March 19, 2020

A Crazy Idea

Shortly after we found out that Liam was NED I started feeling like we should look into a puppy. At first I said nothing to Matt because I figured he'd think I was crazy...which I probably am. But after a week of feeling like that I mentioned something in passing to Matt. Before I talked to Matt I had started looking and trying to figure out if we got a dog which kind we would want. I didn't want anything that would be big because we would need an indoor dog knowing how harsh the winters. Something that wouldn't shed because I have had sensitivities in the past, and something that would be good with kids. A golden doodle met all of those qualifications but I was worried about the sie until I found a micro golden doodle. I started looking on ksl and found a handful of them but they weren't cheap and I was worried Matt would say no. But after a long discussion and me pointing out all of the positives we agreed to think about it and discuss it later. A couple days later Matt brought it up and we talked finances and what it would take. We both felt like quarantine might be the bets time to get a dog. We had no where to go and nothing to do, Matt is working from home, and the kids are all home from school. We check ksl again and I reached out to a couple breeders and asked questions. We found this little guy below and asked if we could come meet him.

The next day we went to meet all 9 of the puppies. With the COVID-19 stuff we had to sanitize once we arrived and the kids were immediately in love with them. The only problem was each of the girls were in love with a different puppy and Matt and I liked the original one we came to see. The girls cried when we left and we told them we couldn't by them all a puppy.

That night we put down a deposit and couldn't wait for the next 2 weeks to pass until this little guy was ready to come home with us. Now to think of a name, buy supplies, and line up a vet. Ready or not here we go


No comments:

Post a Comment