Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Back To School Night and First Day of School

 This years back to school night was a little different than we are used to. We had two separate ones to attend. Now that Hallie will be in junior high we had to split our time between the two schools. Paige joined us since her mom was working. We toured and explored the school since it was new to all of us. We found all of the girls classes and their lockers. I remember how excited I was to have a locker for the first time and its crazy that now Matt and I have a daughter that is to that point in life. I had to work so I took Hallie first then dropped her at soccer practice and took the other girls to their back to school night. 

Then the next morning it was up bright and early and back into a routine which is a double edged sword for sure. Hallie gets up about 6:40 but sometimes we both struggle and get up at 7 and rush around to get her to the bus at 7:15. The bus schedules are always tricky the first of the year in guesstimating times for everything.

This is the first year Hallie has gotten a chrome book to bring home and be her responsibility for the entire year. I'm sure it will come with some challenges but she thinks its pretty cool.
Then back home by 7:20 to get Gracie and Emy up. Grace is hit or miss if she gets up to her alarm so somethings when I get back she s dressed and ready and sometimes I have to drag her out of bed and convince her its time to get up. I leave Emy til last because she hates getting up. The bus comes at 7:59 which is five minutes earlier than last year...and I thought 8:05 was bad. Gracie starts 4th grade this year with Mrs. Montgomery(same teacher Hallie had)


Emy starts 1st grade this year and for the 1st time will be gone all day. It's going to be weird to only have one kid home



Emy forgot some things she needed so I decided to just run the girls to school. It was fun to see them interacting with their friends and getting back into the swing of things.
I even got to join them for breakfast. It is going to be so nice having Matt working from home so when things like this happen I can just say no worries and run the kids to school while Liam sleeps since he isn't home alone.



No comments:

Post a Comment