Sunday, December 2, 2012

Preston's Blessing

 To top off a very busy weekend Nick & Brit blessed Preston on Sunday. They had a lot of family and friends in attendance and we were thrilled to be part of it. Nick gave him a beautiful blessing surrounded by many worthy priesthood holder that he can look up to as a great example. After we had a light luncheon and visited before many family members hit the road and headed home.



Gracie not to be outdone acquired a new skill that day...blowing kisses which is one of the cutest things I have ever seen...but you can judge for yourself.
After everyone went home we gave them our Christmas gifts for them. I hope they like them.
Ill be the first to admit I hold a pretty high standard of how I hope/wish for my time to be spent. I often don't give enough credit to my in-laws for the time they spend in our behalf. I will say most times when we get together it can be extremely stressful and it feels as if there is a lot of tension...but this weekend as a whole was completely different. Everything just seemed to fall into place, children cooperated, and everyone seemed to get along. Everyone has their ideas as to why this happened but I think and hope its because we are all learning to love each other for what we are and what we aren't. I know myself personally have come to the realization that sometimes schedules take a back seat for a day of fun with the family. I can only hope it continues to stay this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment