Sunday, December 2, 2012

Thanksgiving & Walking

This year was our year to spend Thanksgiving with the Brower's for some reason I had a really hard time not being with my family. I had been going through a bit of a hard time both with myself & with Hallie and just wished I could be with them...I guess. We headed up after Gracie had a morning nap about 1pm just in time for lunch. For the possibly the 1st time ever both Matt and I ate without making ourselves sick and could enjoy the rest of our day. Truth be told neither Matt or I really like turkey and the rest of the food was great(we do ham with my family) which is what we prefer. I think Gracie enjoyed her 1st Thanksgiving dinner.

 Our little family eating our dinner
After lunch we hung out, visited, and played some games. 

In true Gracie fashion she started walking on Thanksgiving Eve just in time to show everyone at Thanksgiving dinner. 

We headed home in time to get ready to do our Thanksgiving night shopping. It was the first time we had ever done thanksgiving shopping with the kids but it went really well. We went to Walmart at 8pm to buy a new blender the parking lot was a joke so I dropped Matt off and drove around the parking lot while he got it and paid. It only took maybe 10 minutes and we were off again. Next to Shopko but they didn't open til 9. Hallie was very disappointed that she didn't get to go into Walmart so she waited in line with Matt til Shopko opened while Gracie and I waited in the car. The weather was a little on the cooler side but much warmer than normal this time of year. About 5 minutes before the doors open I but Gracie in her carrier wrap and we went to get in line just in time for them to open. We split up each getting 1 of the 2 things we came for and then went through the line and headed home in about 15 minutes. They were great shopping partners and I would totally take them again. It was a fun Thanksgiving day filled with family and friends...just how it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment