Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy New Years & 1st New Years Resolution

Our New Years was nothing super special we aren't big celebrators and I usually work New Years Day so I can have Thanksgiving and Christmas off and this year was no different. We had pizza and sparkling cider complete with pink sprinkle rimmed glasses(hallie's fav) along with a good family friendly movie then off to bed early. This year started and ended pretty quickly and busy and everything in between all complete with smiles, laughs, tears, and learning that have become memories that have brought us together as a family and helped shape us into what we are today
Happy New Year's Everyone
For at least a couple years now I have been wanting to learn how to bottle chicken for our food storage and for multiple excuses have not gotten around to it....well no more. Thanks to Joy for buying me a pressure cooker and Walmart for having chicken on an amazing sale(1.29lb) it was time. So after looking it up on Pinterest and talking to Nick & Brit about a few questions I had I started. I bought frozen chicken and will probably continue to just for the fact it was a lot easier to deal with as far as cutting and not being slimy. I got all the bottles ready and decided to bite the bullet before Matt got home(I was really nervous that I would blow up our house with the pressure cooker). There was a slight learning curve in figuring out how the pressure cooker worked but after that it just took a LONG time. After 2 batches and 5 hours we were done and ready for bed but the finished product turned out beautiful. We did 12 quarts equal to 40lbs of chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment