Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Slow Down

I am a very goal or task oriented person and there are times in my life when I forget to put that "list" aside for what is really important. Hallie has come to a stage where she wants to cuddle and read a lot....like all day. Yesterday I was trying to balance the checkbook I had Gracie down for a nap and wanted to get it finished while she was asleep. Hallie was playing with her stories and found her new Friend that had come in the mail the previous day and started looking through it then asked me to read a story that was about 2 sisters. I hesitated but figured how long could it take to read ONE short 2 page story. Well after I finished that story Hallie asked me to look through the entire magazine and explain what was on every page reading multiple stories and quotes. I wont lie I was annoyed and almost felt anxious to get back to balancing the checkbook. As I was sitting there having an internal debate I realized what was going on and immediately felt guilty for putting other things above my child and he questions and stories about the gospel. I finished reading the entire friend and enjoyed my cuddle time with my little one that soon enough will no longer think its cool to cuddle with mom. I have found several times in the last couple of days I have become a lot more aware of the little moments that I could use to strengthen she and I's relationship while she will still let me. I love that little girl, her tender heart, and willingness to forgive her imperfect mom. She is a daily example of the tender mercies that God sends into my life to remind me what is really important.
Having some preschool time making W's with marshmellows
 Gracie loves to have the toys all to herself..mostly she likes to eat them uninterrupted





No comments:

Post a Comment