Sunday, January 13, 2013

Snow snow & more snow

I love the snow and for some reason I was so excited when it started to snow on Thursday afternoon. I kept looking out the window waiting for it to stop but to my surprise it didn't and continued til Saturday late morningish. I couldn't wait to get the kids dressed and out to play in it on Thursday we had to shovel the driveway so that Matt had a place to park but it seemed like by the time I finished shoveling it needed to be shoveled again. I pulled the girls around in the sled for a little bit and Gracie was less than a fan. I don't know if she was cold, didn't like the snow in her face, or the fact that Hallie wanted to hold her.
 Every picture I tried to take her eyes were closed but then again...it was snowing pretty hard.
 can you see the stack of snow at the bottom of the picture? Aside from the fact you can hardly see the passing car
 Gracie venturing out into the snow on her own...it was short lived then she cried til I gave her snacks. That bought me about 10 minutes then she cried until I brought her in
 Hallie loved the snow and would have stayed outside all night if I would have let her toting around the sled
 This picture is from Friday morning as the snow continued we got 10-12 inches from Thursday evening to Friday morning
 Once we got up and moving we headed over to the school to do some sledding. 
 Before we headed to do some sledding
 Hallie rolled, ran, fell, jumped, and laid in the snow and loved every minute
 We made about 6 trips down the hill all together we learned after the 1st time to put Gracie in the middle so she didn't end up with a face full of snow after that it was smooth sailing
 Hallie also went down multiple times by herself to show me her "trick" which included going backwards

 Gracie seemed to like it until she tripped and fell face first in the snow...poor sad girl.
Shortly after that it started to snow hard again so we packed up and headed for home. We made chocolate chip cookies and drank hot chocolate to warm back up then both girls took naps before we headed out to shovel the driveway again! It continued to snow through Friday night and the early hours of Saturday so we once again shoveled the driveway. Then the sun came out and we played in the sunshine. I still love the snow and love that now that we have kids I have an even bigger excuse to get out and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment