Thursday, February 21, 2013

Gracie Update

Gracie is now 13 months old. She is an active fun loving girl that brightens everyday. She has started to try to talk. She says many things that we can usually figure out what she is trying to say. Among them are Mama, dada, Hallie, more, and baba(bottle). She masters the stairs over a month ago and it is one of her favorite places to play. She also loves to play at the top of the stairs on the landing climbing up and down the 2 stairs and plays with her toys there. She has become really good at making fishy faces and folding her arms for prayer. She hates socks(I would guess) everytime I put them off her unless I top them with shoes she has them off pretty quickly. Then she carries them around swinging them or putting them on her hands like the picture below. She and Hallie will often chase each other and Hallie will growl at her to get her to run. She has picked up on that and now does that while she chases us. Yesterday in the car Hallie was singing at the top of her lungs and Gracie started to do it right along with her(it sounded more like yelling) but she was having a ball. She has become very affectionate. Earlier this week I left her with Nick & Brit while I took Hallie to a Jazz game. While she was there Livy ran into something and was crying. Brit asked if she needed a hug. Gracie went over and gave her a hug as well as hugging everyone else. She loves to give kisses especially before bed and naps. Along with becoming more active she has also found a mind of her own. I will try to feed her and she will throw a fit and refuse to eat it. It usually only takes a minute for her to realize that Im ignoring her throwing a fit then she will come over and let me feed her. She got all 4 front top teeth at the same time. It has been miserable and sad but they have now all broken through so we will make it. She is an awesome eater Im not used to that....a child that needs seconds!?!?!? She has also started to try climbing on things. Last week she climbed on her learning table and attempted to climbing on the window ledge. I warned her to get out of the window, the 2nd time I went and set her back on the floor. Then she started to climb up again. I sat there trying to decide what to do. I went and grabbed her and put her in time out. Yes...time out. She quickly stood back up and I put her back it took 5 times of placing her back in time out for her to stay for her 1 minute but she did it. And to this day she hasn't tried to climb again. I think often times people underestimate how smart their kids are. Speaking of smart the other day I had lost track of time  talking to Kimber and let nap time pass. Grace came to get my hand. led me into her room, and put her arms up to be held. I said do you want to go to bed? I laid her down and she went right to sleep. Oh how I love scheduling. So here is somewhat a day in the life of Gracie: 9-930am wake up, have a bottle, change bum and get dressed for day and have some breakfast. 11am-2pm nap #1, 1-2pm wake up have bottle and lunch, play with Hallie. 4-5pm nap #2, 5pm have dinner and play, 7pm get ready for bed, have bath, put on pjs, stories. 9pm bedtime. 


No comments:

Post a Comment