Thursday, February 21, 2013

Hallie's 1st Jazz Game

What a fun night! Tuesday morning Linnie text to see if we were interested in some tickets to the Jazz game that same night. Matt was in Phoenix for business and would fly back in just in time to get back to WSU to give a test to his class so he couldn't go so my initial reaction was that we would pass. Then just as I went to hit the send button I got the idea that I should take Hallie. Every time Matt goes to a game with a subcontractor Hallie is always begging to go. I asked if Linnie cared if I took Hallie, she didn't so I gladly accepted the tickets. It was so weird to me to think about going to a Jazz game with out Matt(he is such a big fan) but he has been so busy with work, school, and studying. I originally thought about taking both girls but quickly realized it would be more enjoyable to just take Hallie. So I called Brit and she quickly said she would be happy to keep Gracie. We went down early and ate with Nick & Brit before heading to the game. It was strange to leave Gracie. I kinda had a hard time it was this night that I realized how much I entrusted Hallie to watch out for Gracie. But I knew she was in good hands and off we went. I quickly realized that it had been a long time since I had driven at night(Matt usually drives when we go as a family) and that I knew where Energy Solutions was but hadn't been the one driving there in a very long time. Never a better time to reestablish my independence. We found a parking spot without a problem and headed to the game. We got to our seats just in time to watch the last few minutes of warm ups. We sat on the 23 row which was close enough that we could see all the action. Hallie was so excited she kept saying all day, "Mom you know I have never been to a Jazz game and this is my 1st time."
 She loved when they turned the lights down to introduce the team and asked repeatedly throughout the game if they would turn the lights out again. I tried to explain to her how the different points work but it was a little over her head at least for now. I think we both enjoyed having some just she and I time.
 There were so pretty entertaining people that sat around us. An older guy sat in front of us every time they introduced Hayward she would stand up and swing a shirt around. Hallie would giggle uncontrollably. On another instance a man behind us was yelling at Golden State's coach some not very nice things. Hallie asked who he was yelling at I explained to her and pointed to him. She looked at me a little puzzled and said does he think he can hear him. That got a laugh out of me and the people in front of us. Oh the innocence.
 She liked the seats and thought it was so funny that she could fold herself up in it.
 After the game I asked her what her favorite part was and she said the cheerleaders she really liked time outs and half time. Matt said spoken like a true girl
 After half time we went to pick a  treat. She asked me to tell her everything they had but I knew what she would pick before I had even told her. Cotton Candy her absolute favorite...I of coarse was disappointed and was hoping she would  pick something I would have wanted to share. I didn't realize how big the bag was until she held it up to her.
 I love Hallie and the sweet loving girl she is. I love being able to spend one on one time with her and getting to know her better. We had a great time and although it was her 1st game Im sure it wont be her last.


No comments:

Post a Comment