Thursday, February 28, 2013

Last week

We have stayed pretty low key lately aside from getting Hallie to preschool and dance we have been home bodies with all the snow it makes it pretty easy. But last week I told Hallie we would go to Treehouse. In all honesty I have been avoiding that place for fear we would get sick with all the illnesses going around but we decided to brave it. Friday morning we got ready and and headed downtown. Hallie loves the horses and if she didn't have to give other kids a chance to ride she would probably stay there the entire time. This time was different in the fact that Gracie was actually old enough to wander around which made the trip a lot busier but still very worth it. We did try story time in the theater this time and Hallie still talks about the silly king that wouldn't get out of the tub. We have really enjoyed our Treehouse passes it gives me a place to go without the excuse of having to pay for something.
Then Saturday we woke up thinking we were going to have a ton of snow and it wasn't snowing at all. Matt went to basketball and then I ran to the grocery store.  We had decided we were going to take it easy. Matt has been gone so much between traveling for work, teaching at night, and studying for the GMAT he is rarely home. The girls and I miss him a lot so when he is home and sits down this has become the norm. I try to remind myself this is just a brief moment in time and it will all be worth it but right now it is hard, really hard. I feel like Matt is missing watching the girls and all the fun new things they do and discover not to mention its not very fun to play single mom its pretty trying on my patience.
The around 10am it hit and we got dumped on the flakes were coming so big and fast. We got about 8 inches and around 7pm it finally quit. I really love the snow and figure if its going to be cold it might as well snow. I remember hearing last fall that they were predicting a dry winter. I was pretty disappointed but as usual the weather people don't know what they are talking about and we have had a ton of snow:)
On Monday(designated laundry/cleaning day) I was folding and putting laundry away. The girls have gotten so good at entertaining themselves and paying really well together. Hallie decided to hide from Gracie under the basket and Gracie just saw it as an opportunity to climb on something. They laughed and played for quite a while. I love the stages they are at and they are at such fun ages.


Our lives may seem boring to some but I love it! Yes, some days are hard and not my favorite but I always seem to wonder how we manged to be so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment