Thursday, February 28, 2013

Sisters

Tuesday was a busy busy day for us we started with a fieldtrip to Ye Old Cupcake Shoppe in downtown Ogden. The owner was nice enough to show the kids around and then we bought them some cupcakes. Hallie insisted on a sugar cookie cupcake with pink frosting and sprinkles and of coarse only at the frosting. But it was a fun trip I like taking the girls to new places where they can explore and see different things than at home.
As soon as we were done we made a quick stop to see daddy since he had to teach that night and we wouldn't see him again til Wednesday to give him a cupcake too. Then we headed to Layton to pick up Nic & Rig and head to Salt Lake to meet up with Kim. We didn't have much planned but were looking forward to spending some time together before Nic adds another one to our circus of kids. We decided to stop for lunch before starting our day and Zupas was at the top of the list. I don't know if we could have fit one more in our booth. 
After lunch we all loaded up in the suburban including 4 carseats, 3 stroller(1 double), and all 7 of us and headed to do some shopping. We mostly window/clearance shopped. We went to Target to see what they had and Gracie fell asleep just like this.
I laid her back and covered her with Luke's blankie. She slept for about an hour while we shopped and visited.
We decided it was time fore a refreshment break and made a stop by the food court for some icees. Who doesn't like icees even in February? Here we are will all our kiddos
Can't wait to meet this little girl in Nikki's belly...my 1st niece on my side!!!! She is going to be darling and so spoiled


After a few more stores we had to call it quits to get Nic home to Young Women's(we really didn't think we would spend that long in the places we did and still had lots of places to go but after Nic's dr appointment she is clear to go again so I think we will shoot for next week). Of coarse we didn't even make it out of Salt Lake before the 2 that didn't get a nap fell asleep.
It was an amazing & exhausting day spent with people I love the most. Since getting home that night I have often thought. When I feel like I have no friends God reminds me that he gave me sisters. I truly believe that. I love that they have moved closer and wish they would move closer even still. I feel like I have 2 built in best friends that love me for me and who doesn't want that. I don't want people to think that I don't have friends but not really great friends that aren't already wrapped up in their lives. Also someone to call and vent to anytime of the day, calls or texts me everyday just to make sure Im ok, will come and get my girls just when I need a break, or a shopping buddy that calls you up to see if you just want to go to lunch, or if you just want to talk. I really believe that regardless of who a relationship is with it requires work, love, and attention. I fell so blessed and at time emotionally overwhelmed thinking about how much better my life is with my sister, my "adopted" sister, and other family in it. 


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun day! I agree, sisters are great! I am glad you live close and I wish my other sisters lived closer!

    ReplyDelete