Friday, April 26, 2013

A Day at the Zoo...or Not! How about Gateway?

We headed off to go to the zoo and get out in the sun. About half way there we realized it was Spring break and a couple different school districts were out of school. We could tell about 1/2 mile from the zoo that we weren't even going to attempt the zoo so we quickly decided to head to Gateway to eat our picnic and play by the water. We more watched the water than played in it the weather isn't quite warm enough to get wet yet.  

 The kids got pretty brave and lucked out a few times and didn't end up wet. They loved the music that made the water "dance."
 After we had at least attempted to feed everyone(they mostly just wanted to play) we headed to do some shopping.
 After picking out a few things at Old navy we decided to brave the trax line. I haven't ridden it for probably 5 years but Hallie and Rigs were fascinated so of coarse we had to do it. Neither Nic or I knew what we were doing so we asked some teenage boys and they were able to give us some direction. It was an adventure for sure we ended up where the train stops and then goes back the other direction. Were weren't quite sure what to do so we decided to walk back to the next station which was probably not the wisest. 2 girls with 4 kids majorly out of their element in the ghetto. Luckily we got to a safe place and stayed together everything was fine.
When we got back to the car we put Rigs and Hallie in and then buckled the babies in after buckling Gracie in I looked in the back seat to make sure Hallie had gotten herself buckled only to find she wasn't even in her seat. I asked Nic where Hallie was and we immediately panicked looked throughout the car and around the car. A million thoughts went through my head as to what to do next. Nic stuck her heads over the back of the seat and Hallie was laying quietly on the floor. I wanted to kill her and Nic and I were shaking from our panick attack. I quickly pulled her up and not very nicely told her to never hide from me again. I don't remember the last time I was so frantic and terrified I had actually lost one of my kids. Oh man I love them and don't know what I would do if I didn't have them. It was a great day that was pretty laid back and time spent together. I love the relationship that Hallie, Rigs, and Grace have its like their own little club.

No comments:

Post a Comment