Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Morning & Hunt

We have decided that we will celebrate  Easter with the bunny all on Saturday so Sunday is left completely for the true meaning and we are really loving that. So on Friday night with Matt still out of town I was left to play the bunny solo which was a little tricky with the doll house we had gotten Hallie but I figured it out and luckily once the kids are asleep  they are deep sleepers. Here is our Easter set up
 Gracie's Stash
 Hallie's Stash
 Hallie woke up about 8:45. I heard her come up the stairs and gasp. Our Easter bunny leaves a trail from each of the girls bedrooms to the gifts he left. She came running into our room and said oh my heck she easter bunny came and left me lots of cool stuff. Could you get up so we can go see it...please? Matt and I rolled out of bed and went to see the surprises. Hallie loved her cotton tail cotton candy
 Finally our barbies have a place to live. She also got a princess beach towel, some books, silly string, and a few treats.
 We just played until Gracie woke up about 915 and Matt set her on the floor just outside her room. It didn't take long before she picked up a piece of candy and put it in her mouth.
 Nothing better than candy for breakfast
 Then we got ready to head to the Easter Egg hunt at Manor Care(the nursing home I used to manage) at 10.  We picked Allie up on our way so she could go hunting to. They had all the residents lined up to watch and did the hunt different than any one I have ever been to. They gave each of the kids a bag with a number on it. All of the eggs were numbered with coordinating numbers what an awesome idea! There were 10 eggs for each number. This was truly the 1st egg hunt that I have actually had to "hunt" for eggs. After about 20 minutes we had found most if not all of our eggs then they told the kids they could collect any eggs over the number 46. The numbers went up to 130 so there were plenty left and we all ended up with over 25 eggs. They also had special prize eggs that Hallie found one of and could redeem for a big basket with toys and candy...she was thrilled to say the least.
 After the hunt they had cookies, juice, and milk while we unloaded our eggs to see the loot we had gotten and so we could give the eggs back for next year. Gracie particularly enjoyed her cookie. She is getting really hard to get a non-fuzzy picture of but we will keep trying.
 It was a group effort to unload all those eggs
 The girls with all their goodies
I know a lot of people have had plenty to say about how they think holidays are being blown out of proportion and to that I say to each their own. I really think people have done holidays big or simple forever but no there is social medial and other see it and feel the need to compare themselves. In my opinion people need to grow up and stop caring about what others think. Everyone has to take into consideration whats best for them. As for Matt and I we love to spoil our kids any chance we get and if I do say so myself I am extremely thrifty sometimes almost to a fault but we set a budget and I usually get a lot for it. We had a great Easter spending time with family, playing with our new toys, and eating our weight in candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment