Wednesday, January 22, 2014

30 and our 1st Ever Trip to the ER

On Friday I turned 30! I had already decided that you are only as old as you feel and some days it works in my advantage and some days not. I don't feel any different being 30. I think people make way to big of a deal about getting older...its just an age. The day was pretty "normal" the girls and I went shopping with Nic for supplies to make Valentines decor and then came home for lunch and naps. Matt came home a couple hours early and we got a running list of things done and then got ready to go to dinner. Mindi and Corey came up for the evening to stay the night since the following morning they were headed to the temple for a family wedding and we were going to watch their kids. We decided to do Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner. We got there and it took forever to get our food. So the kids entertained themselves. Mindi had brought me a hat to wear during dinner but Gracie quickly took a liking to it and wanted to wear it I was more than ok with that. 
Hallie was so excited for Nathan to come play they are great friends

As soon as our food came we got everyone back in their seats. Matt lead Gracie back to her chair and lifted her in and she went crazy and started sobbing uncontrollably. I could tell pretty quickly that something was really wrong. We quickly asked the waitress for our check and loaded up most of our food. She wouldn't stop crying or use her left arm. We had to stop at home to let Mindi and Corey back in the house and then we were going to take Grace to the hospital. I was a little annoyed since we had to switch insurances starting January 1st and now it didn't cover anything IHC. I had only met Gracie ped the week before for her 2 year check and didn't quite know where we should go. I called the ped office and they said since it was her arm they would need to xray it and they didn't have one in the office so we would need to go to Ogden Clinic or an Ihc Instacare. So we got home and got the kids out of the car and headed in the house. I noticed the house was unlocked but I was a little frazzled so I didn't think much of it before I heard everyone yelling..SURPRISE!!!  I was shocked to say the least and I really wasn't focused on my birthday in my head all I was thinking about was getting Gracie to the hospital. We quickly said hello to everyone and I was fine until my mom popped out and said surprise and I lost it. I had no idea about the party and even less of a clue that she would be coming all the way from Vegas. I felt some sense of relief that she was there that in some way she calmed my fears about Grace.(SIDE STORY:Matt didn't invite my parents to the party he just thought it would be just to far to come but a couple days before my mom and kim were talking on the phone and kim mentioned getting stuff ready for the party my mom asked what she was talking about and then kim explained. My mom said I can't miss my oldest turning 30. My mom made arrangements to come and pick up my grandma in st. george so they would all be here.It really meant a lot to me that someone from my entire family was there.Matt didn't find out that my mom was coming until a few hours before the party)
Hallie was equally as excited to see her gram gram



 I felt very blessed to have so many people in my life who care about and support me and my family. The people who came: My mom, grandma Harris, Kim and Luke(Ez had basketball), Nic, Kyle, Rigs, and Kinley, Matt's mom, Tiff Wood, Mindi & Corey, and Jon & Steph Turner.
 I was so impressed with Matt. I had absolutely no idea about the party...I mean like no idea. He even made the announcements to send out.

He had lined everything up with my mom and sisters from the decor to the food they had it all covered. It was all really cute
Here is my gluten free dessert bar from my favorite place Sweet Cake Bake Shop and lucky me they got my favorite salted caramel shortbread
I put Gracie down for a few minutes to see if she would "forget" and just play but that didn't happen. So we sang happy birthday and then left for the hospital. They got us in right away Matt stayed out to fill paper work while I took Grace to see the dr. She still wasn't moving her left arm at all and if she did she would just cry. The dr came in pretty quickly and attempted to pop her elbow back into joint but after she did it she still wouldn't use it. Matt felt so bad when the dr told us it was her elbow out of socket she started to get emotional he felt so bad he had hurt her. So she ordered an xray to make sure it wasn't something more. Gracie was really good through most of it but the xray was horrible. Her arm had to be laid straight and Im sure it hurt she just kept saying hurting and crying. It was so sad. The xray showed her elbow was still out so the dr tried again and it popped right back in. After that she was great and asked to go home and see her gram gram. She has been fine since. When we got home Nic/Kyle, Mom, grandma, and Mindi/Corey were still there. Since Mindi and Corey were staying with us my mom and grandma continued on to Tremonton for the night. I wished we had space for everyone to stay but someday. The next day my mom and grandma came about lunch they spent the rest of the day playing with the kids, doing some shopping, and of coarse eating. Nic and Kyle came back for dinner as well. That night after tub time grandma got a stack of books and started reading. I never got to know this grandma growing up and I feel very privileged that my kids are getting to see a side of her that I never did.



The evening was a bit of a whirlwind I felt so torn between taking care of Grace and spending time with family but it all worked out. Happy Birthday to me

No comments:

Post a Comment